[Gllug] css question

Richard Turner richard at zygous.co.uk
Mon Dec 5 18:22:41 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 18:47 +0100, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> For each question-answer pair in the FAQ
> (http://www.hinterlands.org/gllugfaq/) I would like to add a little
> space after the answer text.  This must be done as part of a stylesheet,
> I can't control the exact content.

It's very nasty, because for some reason setting a margin doesn't work
(I've not spent very much time on it so I don't know why), but you can
add this to your stylesheet:

.question td{
	border-top: solid 1em white;
}

Quite an unpleasant hack, but it seems to be effective, at least using
Firefox on Ubuntu...

I'm surprised to see that the page is layed-out in a table; it's not as
if you have a complicated layout that's difficult to achieve using <div>
tags. I think that probably contributes to CSS not doing what you might
expect. Presumably the use of a table is related to the page begin
generated using DocBook...?

Cheers,

Richard.
--
"Racing turtles, the grapefruit is winning..."