[Gllug] Ibm T20

john gennard joney at clara.co.uk
Tue Dec 20 20:32:42 UTC 2005

Am doing quite well using all the help received from this list.

However, having turned to repartitioning the hard disk employing
the tool recommended, I get an error message which I cannot get
beyond, viz,

qtparted V0.4.4 finds correctly:-
	"/dev/hda1 ntfs 11.24Gb" (has Win XP on it).

I want to resize this to around a max of 5.6Gb, and then
create an Ext2/3 partition of 5.6Gb or higher to hold
Debian Sarge (I really want to have 5.6 for / and
0.4 for swap).

Use of the graphic interface seems simple (after booting
with frame -buffer), but each attempt fails with the same
error message:-
	"Filesystem check failed! Totally 1 cluster
	  accounting mismatches"

Does anyone know why I have the error, and what I can do
to avoid it.

Grateful for any advice.

Regards,				John.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk