[Gllug] Need Help

Eugene Wong shaddow at look.ca
Wed Dec 28 08:18:27 UTC 2005

I have just purchased a HP Pavilion a1250n computer with a sata hard drive.

I have been using Linux full time since 1997, and I am not considered a
newbie by any means.

However, I have come across a problem that for the first time I can not seem
to resolve.

Linux does not seem to recognize the sata hard drive that is in this HP
Pavilion. It hangs just after the following boot sequence,

Lading sata_sil

Ata1: SATA max udma/100 cmd OxF880E080 ct1 OxF88oeo8a bmdma oxF880E000 irq
11

Ata2: SATA max udma/100 cmd )xF880Eoco ct1 OxF88oEoca bmda OxF880E008 irq 11

Input: 1mEX ps/2 Logitecch explorer mouse on isa0060/serial01

Ata1: Dev o ata, max udma/100 488397168 sectors: lba48

At this point it will not load the hard drive controller. I have tried using
other sata drivers but none will work.

However, I can boot linux in safe mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated since HP can't help me. I want my
Linux back.

Regards

Eugene Wong