[Gllug] USB air dart launcher ... & Linux

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Sat Dec 3 16:06:22 UTC 2005

On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 01:11:07PM +0000, John Winters wrote:
> Interesting - obviously it can be done and it sounds like a good
> Christmas project.  Far more interesting than just driving it from the
> mouse would be to have it controlled from some sort of program.  For
> extra points, use a motion detector with your webcam and shoot at
> burglars.

Yes, LOL.  For extra points use cyanide-tipped darts :-)

> It doesn't actually say whether you can control both the elevation and
> the direction or just the direction.  Anyone know?

Not sure, but I happen to have a bunch of M&S vouchers [long story
involving mother with tastes that differ radically from mine] so I
might buy one, plug it in, and see what it does.  It has a Mac driver
which might be reverse-engineered.  Does anyone know of any Mac or
Windoze software for snooping USB?

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.