[Gllug] LiVES at the movies ?

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 15 17:28:52 UTC 2005

On Thu 15 Dec, salsaman wrote:

> Hi there,
> I see you are having an event on Saturday: Linux at the Movies.
>
> I was wondering if I could do a short presentation about the application
> which I develop: LiVES (http://lives.sourceforge.net) since it seems
> quite relevant to the topic.
>
> I can demonstrate the use of LiVES as a VJ tool and as a multitrack
> video editor, and perhaps talk about using it via remote control.
>
> I look forward to hearing from you !
>
> Regards,
> Gabriel "Salsaman", main developer: LiVES
> http://lives.sourceforge.net

Hello Gabriel,
   Thanks very much for the offer.
   Robin Rowe offered a talk during his visit to London. He did ask a few
other people whether they were avaiable this close to Christmas, but was
happy to give a long talk. He is probably in London by now, but I have not
been in contact with him for a few days. Please feel free to come prepared,
but if we run out of time we should be able to include your talk on another
occasion.
   For your information, the Large Lecture Theatre has a pair of Mitsubishi
XL5950U 3*Polysilicon LCD XGA projectors, native resolution 1024x768. I have
not seen a specified refresh rate, but I am told that a 75MHz refresh rate
does work.
   I think that this may be a suggested 75Hz vertical rate to tie in with
the 50Hz mains frequency.
   There are also two ethernet ports.

--
Chris Bell