[Gllug] Sluggishness and confusion

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Thu Feb 10 17:11:04 UTC 2005

Sean Burlington wrote:
> I haven't discovered this feature - I've looked at the apt-cache man
> page and don't see it.

look harder.  it really is there.
.
> I just discovered Linux ACL's and I would like to look for a GUI tool
> for this - unfortunately the strings 'acl' and 'gui' appear all over the
> place.
>
> How do I search for such a package ?

$ apt-cache search --names-only acl

you could also try

$ apt-cache search " acl "

to find things that refer to the word "acl" in their description.

I don't think there is such a thing as you require, however, since acls
have been mostly unsupported till recently and nobody ever uses them.

doug.

--
6973E2CF: 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC 609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF
http://adju.st/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk