[Gllug] GLLUG March Meeting -- Update

Dean Wilson dwilson at unixdaemon.net
Tue Feb 22 00:25:53 UTC 2005

In the OpenSource tradition of release early, release often here's an
updated meeting plan with the addition of a new speaker and some more
details on the venue.

Now the basic details are in circulation I'll hold off any more updates
for a while.

Full details of the meeting will end up here:
http://gllug.org.uk/meeting-20050312.html

March 2005 GLLUG Announcement

I'm pleased to announce that the next meeting will be held on the 12th
of March and will be hosted by Fotango. The talks will start at about 2PM
and aim to be finished by 6PM.

There is an entry phone on the door you can use to call in if no one is
waiting to greet you, there is street parking available if it's needed
(please ask any questions regarding this onlist) and
there will also be a wireless network available.

Speakers:
----------------
We have three talks lined up for this meeting and they are currently
scheduled in the following order.

Bruce Richardson: High availability and failover on Linux systems.
Specifically, heartbeat, ldirectord (LVS), carp, DHCP failover.

Peter Ryland: While displaying an install of Ubuntu (which has a nice
installer!) Pete will give an overview of the distro's features, what makes
it better, worse or just different from ordinary Debian.

Michael Michlmayr: The Debian project lead will discuss Quality in OpenSource
Development.

After the talks we will be going to one of the local pubs (located about 3
minutes away) and then probably off to a restaurant or two for food. The
actual food and drink venues are going to be chosen by a hard working,
dedicated bunch of GLLUGers who are going to try all the local pubs before
the March event. I'll update the details when the venues are decided.

Fotango details:
----------------
Address:
Fotango Ltd.
64 Ironmonger Row
London
EC1V 3QR
United Kingdom

Directions:
Old St tube, exit 7, walk towards church spire straight ahead of you,
immediately before the church turn right down the narrow road,
walk through the gated-off section of road ahead of you, and the
office is in the first block on the right.

Alternatively it's about a 15 minute walk from Farringdon.

Map: http://www.fotango.com/about/contact_us

Please bear with me, this is my first GLLUG on this side pf the fence!

Eventually the details will live:
http://gllug.org.uk/meeting-20050312.html

  Dean
--
Dean Wilson             http://www.unixdaemon.net
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk