[Gllug] GLLUG March Meeting -- Update

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Sun Feb 27 14:12:29 UTC 2005

On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 12:47:45PM +0000, Gary Pownall wrote:
> And it's rude arseholes like you that will see the death of
> this group.

Gary,

If you're going to insist on top-posting and posting in HTML then
obviously there's nothing we can do to stop you. But I'd point out that
the correlation between the most knowledgable people on the list and the
people who get most wound up by HTML posting and top-posting is very
high. If you continue to break basic etiquette like that then you will
very quickly find yourself ignored by the people who are most likely to
be able to help you with any problems you might have.

It seems like a pretty simple decision to me, but YMMV :)

Dave...

p.s. I don't know what email program you are using, but it is
     fundamentally broken. It's sending HTML content, but marking it as
     text/plain. It would good if you, at least, send emails that were
     internally consistant.

--
  We are far too young and clever
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk