[Gllug] Two Questions

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Tue Feb 8 23:53:30 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 08 Feb 2005 23:38 pm, Peter Childs wrote:

>     Oh yes the other thing I was intrested in was its a TFT better
> for you eyes or not?

I find them much better than CRTs for text work. I can sit and read a
long document off a TFT screen, whereas on a CRT I tend to get
headaches from eyestrain.

>     As far as I can see it as a TFT uses less power that a CRT If I
> have a CRT and a TFT running 24x7 for 1 year which is cheaper
> including innitial cost ....

Who knows, check out the power consumption of each and do the maths. Of
course, they wouldn't be actually displaying 24/7, surely?

>     I have a load of Computers that freeze due to bad ventilation (if
> somone closes the window they freeze...) I am wondering if flat
> screens would save the problem and not cost any more in the long run.

Maybe, but I'd say better ventilation/cooling in general would be a
better solution.

Dylan

--
"I see your Schwartz is as big as mine"