[Gllug] The wonders of Wiki

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Wed Feb 23 15:57:18 UTC 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Tethys wrote:

> Even so, still "ouch". We have just over 1000 U of hosted rack space,
> and let's just say that it must be *significantly* cheaper to buy in
> bulk...

Obviously. At the level you are running your own data centres so you are
not paying any other profit levels. You are however having to deal with
all the capital expenditure necessary to establish that level of presence
and maintain it.

UKFSN offers colo from less than £30 per month for a 1U box. There's not a
whole lot of profit margin in that.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   ADSL Broadband from just £21.50 / month

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk