[Gllug] Sluggishness and confusion

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Thu Feb 10 16:44:04 UTC 2005

On Thursday, 10 Feb 2005, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
>David Damerell wrote:
>>I could have been more clear. I don't mean finding a package I know
>>exists; that's fine. I mean some way to chop down that list by saying
>>"I don't do Fortran or languages other than English or bioinformatics,
>grep -iv fortran

I think you may assume that I know how to use grep.

There is a problem with finding useful but unknown packages in
Debian. Back in the early days you just read the whole package list
and away you went. Pretending it ain't so won't make it go away.

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Kill the tomato!
Today is First Thursday, February.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk