[Gllug] Linux/Uix Certs

thomas thumb thomas.thumb at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 10:25:55 UTC 2005

Hi all,
Looking for a few opinions on Linux/UNIX certification.
Firstly. If I apply for a system admin job in your company, would a
cert influence you in any way? Are they a waste of time? Is experience
all that counts?
Secondly, Which would influence you more, a red hat or a solaris
qualification? I know people are going to say red hat for a linux job,
solaris cert for a solaris job but if I had a solaris cert and went
for a linux job would it help and vice-versa?
And thirdly if I went for a unix development job in your company would
a unix admin cert help my application? Would I be more likely to get
an interview?
Looking forward to hearing your answers. Thanks.
Jonathan.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk