[Gllug] Wanted - documention on MythTV

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Mon Feb 7 15:23:44 UTC 2005

John Winters wrote:
>  The next bit of the
> configuration process is called "Video sources" which seems to be a bit
> of a misnomer because AFAICS it actually involves setting up sources for
> program listings.  The big problem is the documentation doesn't include
> any kind of overview or definition of terms, with the result that you're
> left with a lot of cryptic fields to fill in and no clue about what
> they're expecting.  It also seems to try to invoke non-existent external
> utilities (e.g. tv_grab_uk), and utilities which do exist but whose
> configuration is again undocumented (e.g. tv_grab_uk_rt).

one thing that caught me out is that tv_grab_uk_rt actually runs in the
console you started mythtv from - you have to alt-tab away from the GUI
to interact with this.

You do have to set up the list of channels for both listings grabber and
tvcard tuner so that they match up - this is a process that I think/hope
may have been improved on in the latest release

http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/UnderDevelopment
Many many many DVB improvments.

oh - and this looks handy
http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/DVBTUKHowTo