[Gllug] Lonix - The London Linux User Group (March 2005)

Tushar tjoshi at lonix.org.uk
Tue Feb 22 19:47:53 UTC 2005

Hi ,

Here are the details of the next meeting for Lonix,

Date:  Thursday 3 Mar 2005
Time:  5.30pm onwards
Place: Glasshouse Stores, 55 Brewer Street, Soho, London, W1F 9UJ, (020) 7287 5278
Map: http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/info_Pubbar_maps_5007.html
Nearest Tube:  Picadilly Circus
Phone: 0208 896 2600

This month we are back at the Glasshouse Store, which we
haven't visited for 3 or so years! Not since..., I won't
go into it now. This fantastic place is a Samuel Smith
pub and serves only their own brand of traditional ales.
They sell their Best for a mere 1.68 in the heart of
Soho! They also have a banana beer and a few other
favourites under 1.96!. We have downstairs booked,
so just walk down the stairs when you come in.

The place is only a 3 minute walk from piccadilly
circus tube and there are a few ways to get to it, but
you can have a look at the map to work out your own
way there.

Again we'll be having a linux related quiz and contest
run by John Hearns with many rounds including questions,
drinking contests, arm wrestling and mud fighting.
We'll have 4 teams of which anyone can join.

At about 9.15pm we'll be heading around the corner
for some fresh italian pizza which again will be mega
cheap just to help your wallets after buying all
the cheap gadjets in the January sales.

Also advanced notice that we'll be having another install
festival in April where you can get help in installing
Linux to your machine. Listen out for the announcement
on here with a date and time.

Again if you have any ideas for other suitable venues
in central London please drop me an email, they simply
need a private room/area, be central, space for 60
people and free.

Those of you who are in Brussels this weekend for Fosdem
(www.fosdem.org). We'll be having a little Lonix
meet up over there. Join the Lonix mailing list for more
details.

See you there,

Tushar

This e-mail was sent to you because you have subscribed to the Lonix
meetings notification e-mail list. If you have any questions concerning
this please contact support at lonix.org.uk

Your Lonix Account Details are:
Login via : http://www.lonix.org.uk
Username: gllug at linux.co.uk