[Gllug] SCSI device ID to ACTL mapping?

Ian Northeast ian at house-from-hell.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 2 21:44:49 UTC 2005

Bruce Richardson wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 12:36:11AM +0000, Mike wrote:

>>Sysfs in 2.6 will do it for you:-
>

> If 2.6, this is a job for udev, surely?

I thought it would probably be easier in 2.6 but, as I said, I'm
constrained to 2.4 at the moment because it's going to run Lotus Bloates
and IBM say they want to use SLES8 which is 2.4, and SuSE don't support
changing the kernel. The support from SuSE isn't particularly important
TBH, Linux doesn't give a lot of trouble, but I have a feeling we're
going to need plenty of support from IBM for Notes and they will insist
that the underlying OS be in a supported state.

Regards, Ian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk