[Gllug] spam harvesting

sheridan russellsheridankelly at gmx.net
Thu Feb 24 10:25:18 UTC 2005

Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> Craig Millar wrote:
>> Fiddling with spamassassin and qmail (no anti djb zealots please! ;) )
>> on a testing server and i was wondering, what is the quickest and
>> easiest way to harvest spam for a predefined alias I have set up?
[snip]
> Why on earth would you want to do that?  If you're lucky enough not to
> get much spam drawing attention to yourself seems nuts.

    Er, didn't Craig just say, and in the part you quoted as well? To
train a spam filter you have to have spam to throw at it. While it may
be possible to just wait for spam to come along it's usually more
convenient to throw a bunch now while you're in the mood for training
it, than later when it gets in the way of what you will want to do then.

--
    sheridan
http://www.wildewood.co.uk/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk