[Gllug] Two Questions

Huw Lynes huw-l at moving-picture.com
Thu Feb 10 12:08:20 UTC 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:45:16 +0000
John Hearns <john.hearns at streamline-computing.com> wrote:

> I thought that to avoid the banding appearing you connected any CRT
> type monitor to the Genlock, so that the screen refresh cycle starts
> at the same time.

I believe, from my limited knowledge of video engineering, that you need a
genlock interface on the video card. This allows you to synch the vblank on
the monitors with the shutter on the camera. That way you only ever see the
fully drawn screen. It pobably helps not to be interlacing either.

I'm sure more knowledgable folks can explain better.

--
| Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
| System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk