[Gllug] ok debian now on laptop but no pcmcia still!

Robert Crowther robertc at boogdesign.com
Mon Feb 21 19:04:05 UTC 2005

James wrote:
> Still can't get pcmcia cards to work though, have tryed yet more driver
> disks but nothing will pick it up, even put in my prism wifi but still no
> go!

Have you installed the pcmcia-cs package?  You will need this and
probably the hotplug package, both should be available through apt-get.
  If you have an 11g wireless card you then probably also need to take a
look at ndiswrapper, but that's where it can start to get a little more
complex.

What kernel version do you have?  There are differences between getting
things running on a 2.4 kernel compared to a 2.6 kernel - basically for
a 2.4 kernel the drivers come as part of the pcmcia-cs package, for a
2.6 kernel they come as kernel modules.  I'm fairly sure that Debian
will take care of that by itself, it all worked for me on Ubuntu anyway.

Rob
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk