[Gllug] webcam / nightvision image capture

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Wed Feb 9 18:15:29 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 13:45 +0000, Martin A. Brooks wrote:

> I once had 6 USB cameras hooked up to one PC all doing motion detection
>
> http://www.hinterlands.org/overview.jpg
>
> There's a lot of linux applications that'll do just what you want, and
> google finds a whole bunch of night vision cameras.

Google is indeed your friend.
How about doing  motion detection?
I'm not sure though about combining night vision and motion detection.

In an image intensifier, maybe the noise in the image would trigger
a motion detection algorithm? anyone know?
With an IR floodlight I assume things are different.
http://www.zoneminder.com/index.php?id=41&backPID=33&tx_faq_faq=11

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk