[Gllug] Recommendations for a cheap laptop?

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Tue Feb 1 22:00:04 UTC 2005

We're looking to buy some laptops for the company.  Requirements are
they be (a) cheap, (b) cheap, and (c) easily Linux-compatible.  While
obviously we're price sensitive, it would be nice to get reasonable
quality, by which I mean I could persuade the boss to pay more to
avoid getting Packard-Bell-level rubbish.

I've been happy with IBM Thinkpads in the past - starting at quite a
low price and very robust.  Are the new ones still good quality?

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, CTO Merjis Ltd.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk