[Gllug] Wanted - documention on MythTV

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Sun Feb 6 23:16:49 UTC 2005

John Winters wrote:

> Does anyone know of a source of decent documentation for MythTV, or
> alternatively of a different PVR package which actually has
> documentation?

Hi John,
	I found the following page very useful

http://www.ethics-gradient.net/myth/mythdvb2.html

setting up mythtv for dvb is a pain using version 0.16

there is a note on the website (dated 30th Jan) saying version 0.17 is
due out 'next weekend'

according to the mailing list archives
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/

there has been a lot of work done to automate the dvb setup - if this
has made it into the next release it may be worth upgrading.

While I think mythtv is in general a fantastic piece of software I also
thing is an example of how gui config can make life much harder. I
really wish the setup could be controlled by text config files -
complete with the usual annotations.

--

Sean
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk