[Gllug] Failed to open cd device cdroms/cdrom0

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Tue Feb 1 18:14:11 UTC 2005

Hi folks

Ive been messing about with my new dvd burner, thus far ive been able to make
it burn discs just fine from xcdroast as usual,

i previously used nautilus-cd-burner to just quick burn accross the network
jobs quite well for cds, but this time it appears to not want to give me the
option of burning to a device,

instead running 'nautilus-cd-burner' once ive picked some files simply
gives me :-
---
** (nautilus-cd-burner:2563): WARNING **: Failed to open cd device cdroms/cdrom0

---
it doesnt appear to be a permissions issue, as a normal user i can access the
device (and burn with cdrecord/cdrecord-Prodvd) .

note that this all worked fine with my ide cdrw, this drive simply replaced it,
(same channel, slave, etc)

any help would be much appreciated.

Ian

--
/* www.darkspace.org.uk {
 web development, application development, consultancy, firewalls
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk