[Gllug] Sluggishness and confusion

Peter Childs blue.dragon at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Feb 10 14:16:06 UTC 2005

Martin A. Brooks wrote:

> Peter Childs wrote:
>
>> unfortinally anything critical is unlikly to be under apt as many
>> package are slow to be undated
>

> Rubbish.

    Hmm I think not, Think Firefox, Thunderbird, Openoffice and
Postgres,  check the relese on Debian  Stable, Testing, Unstable  and
even Experimental and you will usally note at least one version
difference. All of these I had install because they were out of date
when I last wanted some new feature.

                         Debian      Real World
Firefox              1.0                 1.0
Thunderbird    1.0                 1.0
Openoffice      1.1.3          1.1.4
Postgres          7.4..7            8.1

    Debian is the great and I use it. But if you want cutting edge think
again, What is Stable to Debian is Unstable with bugs to everyone else.

Peter Childs
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk