[Gllug] Sluggishness and confusion

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Thu Feb 10 16:41:39 UTC 2005

David Damerell wrote:
> I could have been more clear. I don't mean finding a package I know
> exists; that's fine. I mean some way to chop down that list by saying
> "I don't do Fortran or languages other than English or bioinformatics,
> don't show me any games" and stuff like that until there are 250
> things in it and I can read each one's potted description and say
> "Hey! That sounds pretty handy!"

Some of the other interfaces like synaptic and aptitude present a pretty
decent interface for browsing through the package listing.

I think the actual problem "find interesting things from this long list
of possibly interesting things" is probably in itself quite a difficult
one for a computer to solve however :)

doug.

--
6973E2CF: 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC 609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF
http://adju.st/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk