[Gllug] Programmatically filling in PDF forms

Mamading Ceesay mamading at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 15:21:36 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've been looking at ways of scripting the filling in of Adobe Acrobat
PDF forms.  I've been trying various combinations of pdftk, pdftops,
pdf2ps and ps2pdf to accomplish this.

The main obstacle is that the PDF that I want to fill in, wasn't
created by me and the Owner Password has been set.  This prevents me
from query the form fields and subsequently from filling them in.  In
an ideal world, I would go back to the creator of the PDF and ask them
to resolve the issue at source.

As we are in the real world, I need a workaround (or perhaps a PDF
password cracker).  I've been bashing my head against this, so I would
welcome any useful ideas that could lead to a solution.

Regards,
Mamading
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk