[Gllug] mini-itx & usb wifi & mythtv & DVB-T stuff

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Mon Feb 21 19:41:58 UTC 2005

Pete Ryland wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 10:09:31AM +0000, Huw Lynes wrote:
>
>>>motherboard (fanned, something 1.2 Ghz)
>

> You probably do want a faster CPU than that.

I had mythtv running on a 500MHz PIII it more or less worked for
recording or watching - not both at the same time.

now I have a 2.4Ghz celeron - recording and watching at the same time
brings the total  CPU load to about 30%

I would have thought that a 1.2 Ghz processor would work OK as long as
you only want one TV card.

> And a bloody big hard disk! :-)

I bought a new 200Gb disc about 2 weeks ago and I've filled 83% of it !

One thing I hadn't realised it that the dvb stream is MPEG2 so mythtv
stores it in this format - you can set it to transcode to a more
compressed format but I haven't had much success with this for freeview
programs yet.

--

Sean

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk