[Gllug] Removing faulty disk from LVM2

Magnus Nilsson magnus at upcore.net
Fri Feb 4 14:37:06 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 11:49 +0100, Magnus Nilsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got an 8 disk VG where one PV is dying.

(Replying to own post)

I've solved the problem...

I thought that maybe the machine would behave differently if the disk
was on a different controller, so I moved the faulty disk from the
Promise TX2 controller to the motherboard. The machine still complained
about the disk, but at least it didn't hard-lock. That allowed the final
pvmove to go through, so I could vgreduce the PV. An fsck.ext3
discovered a couple of FS hickups on one of the 3 LV's, but nothing
major.

//Magnus

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk