[Gllug] mini-itx & usb wifi & mythtv & DVB-T stuff

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Mon Feb 21 13:59:06 UTC 2005

This one time, at band camp, John Hearns wrote:

> The other way round could to use a USB connected DVB box, and use the
> PCI slot for your wireless.
> I have a Nova-T USB box, don't use it much. The quality isn't that
> great.
> I'd go for wireless USB if I had to make the choice though.

There's not enough bandwidth on USB for a full DVB stream from a
single multiplex, so you can only record one channel at a time.  With
the PCI version you can record multiple channels that share a multiplex
(BBC1 and BBC3, for example).

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

The Tourist Engineer
Because nerds travel too.
http://engineer.openguides.org/

 "Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggy" until
  you can find a rock."
- Will Rogers