[Gllug] samba meets win 2003

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Fri Feb 18 08:58:26 UTC 2005

Simon Morris wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-02-17 at 14:04 +0000, Sean Burlington wrote:
>

>>smbmount //HIKER/web /mnt/intranet/ -o username=********%******
>>cli_negprot: SMB signing is mandatory and we have disabled it.
>>5416: protocol negotiation failed
>>SMB connection failed
>

> Doesn't Windows 2003 require SMB signing by default?

yes

> I think this was a change from previous versions

yes

> which would explain why
> you can mount shares from other versions but not 2003

yes

...but samba 3 appears to be compatible with this protocol so I should
be able to get it to work...

I have followed the instructions I found, and get as far as testing it
works - unfortunately the instructions pretty much assume that it works
and I don't really know where to go next.

--

Sean

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk