[Gllug] Palm -> kpilot sync problems

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Thu Feb 10 12:09:05 UTC 2005

Sharon Kimble wrote:
> Suddenly I'm unable to sync my palm to kpilot. Every time I try it times
> out and I get this message 'Cannot accept Pilot (Connection timed out)'. I
> was last able to sync okay on 2005/02/06 at 1503 [GMT].

> 15:14:57 Trying to open device /dev/ttyS1...
> =======================================
> The permissions for /dev/ttyS1 are rw------- and haven't changed,  with the

are you sure the right device is /dev/ttyS1 ?

this is the first serial port and unless you have a very old palm pilot
it's more likely to be USB

due to the plug and play nature of USB I can't predict exactly which
device you will need but on my system it's usually /dev/ttyUSB1

you could also try jpilot or pilot-link

This will tell you if the problem is specific to kpilot

--

Sean
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk