[Gllug] Sluggishness and confusion

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon Feb 7 22:38:22 UTC 2005

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, Nick Richards prattled cheerily:
> Cool, thanks for the explanation/difference thing, it was instructive!

The prelink paper at <http://people.redhat.com/jakub/prelink.pdf> is
fascinating for the sheer number of hoops it has to jump through to do
this job. (Not as fascinating as the valgrind paper, though. *That* is
mind-boggling.)

> So then, we're left with our origional question very much unanswered.
> Why does GNOME on Ubuntu 'feel' slower than GNOME on Fedora.

That I can't help with.

[casts in the dark]

An oprofile run may help track it down, perhaps?

--
Synapsids unite! You have nothing to lose but your eggshells!
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk