[Gllug] Variable definitions in httpd.conf

stuart stuart at sjsears.com
Fri Feb 11 19:46:00 UTC 2005

On Friday 11 February 2005 16:38, Tethys wrote:
> Apache lets you selectively do thing with the <IfDefine> directive
> in httpd.conf. Does anyone know how I can define things within the
> same file fo later use with an IfDefine?
>
> The only way I've found so far is by passing a -D on the command line
> to httpd, but for various reasons, that's not practical, and I'd much
> prefer to be able to do it in httpd.conf instead.
the O'Reilly book suggests this is the only way to do it.
There does not appear to be a Define statement.
Admittedly the book is for Apache 1.3.4 (it's quite old).

on RedHat-type systems (I checked this on FC2) you can do the following:
in /etc/sysconfig/httpd you should be able to put something like
OPTIONS="-DSSL -Dteacup -Dwhateveryouwant"

any help?

> Tet

Stuart
--
Stuart Sears RHCE, RHCX, RTFM, ASAP
The more things change, the more they'll never be the same again.