[Gllug] Name server software?

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Tue Jan 4 12:50:57 UTC 2005

Hi folks.

I've come to that point in my evolution to sysadmin that I must get to
grips with DNS.  I've put this off for a long time because it always
seemed so damn arcane and complicated.  Now is the time.

So, which name server software should I use?  It needs to be free
software (so no DJB-ware) and support wildcard domain names.

And references for where to learn what I need to know?

I'll be starting with some not-yet-live domains, so I won't be killing
anything vital just yet...

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

The Tourist Engineer
Geeks need vacations too.
http://engineer.openguides.org/

In politics, what begins in fear usually ends in folly.

- Samuel Taylor Coleridge