[Gllug] CUPS Question

Ben Fitzgerald ben_m_f at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 1 20:44:40 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jan 01, 2005 at 07:53:39PM -0000, Ken Smith wrote:
> In CUPS it must be possible to enable access to the web admin interface to
> addresses on the local LAN as well as localhost. It would be useful to get
> web access to CUPS admin without starting X up on the server to run a web
> browser there.
>
> I have tried various settings in the "Allow From" area in cupsd.conf and
> restarting CUPS but I don't seem to be able to find the right incantation.
> Other LAN access to the machine is working fine.

Hi Ken,

you should be able to mod this line:

<Location />
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All
Allow From 127.0.0.1
</Location>

Keep the ordering the same but add "Allow From 192.168.1.0/24" if your
LAN is 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0, as below.

<Location />
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All
Allow From 127.0.0.1
Allow From 192.168.1.0/24
</Location>

This will let you get in from your localhost and LAN.

See this for an explanation:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_access.html#order

It's a little twisted logic at first but makes sense in the end.

HTH,

Ben
--
Registered Linux user number 339435