[Gllug] Lonix - The London Linux User Group (January 2005 Meeting)

Tushar tjoshi at lonix.org.uk
Tue Jan 4 21:09:18 UTC 2005

Hi ,

Here are the details of the next meeting for Lonix,

Date:  Wednesday 12 Jan 2005
Time:  6.00pm Onwards
Place: Porter House Pub -  21-22 Maiden Lane,  WC2 E7NA, 020 7379 7917
Map: http://tinyurl.com/4k5y2
Nearest Tube:  Covent Garden or Charing Cross
Phone: +44 (0)208 896 2600

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

To kick start the year and enjoy the sales,
we'll be meeting in the Porter House pub. This is
located in Covent Garden and is an excellent venue
boasting at least one beer from each country along
with a variety of wines, Belgium beers
and micro breweries from many continents. We are in
the corporate hospitality suite up the stairs towards
the back. Again we'll be having a set of games, including
a linux pub quiz, prizes, forfeits and other activities.
Off course serious linux discussion will be carried
out throughout the night.

>From Covent Garden Station, walk into the main square
and take a right, walk out of the square and take
the next left. Keep walking straight until you
see Maiden Lane on your left. (down a small
road). Porter House is on your right next
to the Spanish Tapas place, La Tasca.

If this sounds all too much we'll be going for
a curry around the corner at 9.00pm at the
Strand Tandoori restaurant, 45 Bedford Place.
http://tinyurl.com/5s62n. We're having a set
menu here (12 pounds a head for 4 courses)
which is both vegetarian and non veg.

Remember there is also a Lonix Mailling List
that you can sign up to. Simply log into
the Lonix web site to subscribe to one of the
groups!

There are a few Lonix Polo Shirts left. Email
in advance if you're interested.

Hope to see you next week,

Tushar

This e-mail was sent to you because you have subscribed to the Lonix
meetings notification e-mail list. If you have any questions concerning
this please contact support at lonix.org.uk

Your Lonix Account Details are:
Login via : http://www.lonix.org.uk
Username: gllug at linux.co.uk