[Gllug] Dvorak Keyboards and vim

Stig Brautaset stig at brautaset.org
Fri Jan 14 09:23:47 UTC 2005

On 13 Jan 2005, at 18:24, Tethys wrote:
> So why not just stick with QWERTY? The supposed typing speed benefits
> of Dvorak have been widely discredited anyway.

I'm not sure if Dvorak supposes any speed benefits, and if it does,
it's entirely besides the point. The extra comfort is what matters.

>  The only reason to
> switch layout these days is to try and avoid RSI. In which case, go
> for a Maltron layout that's explicitly designed for that purpose and
> does a far better job than either QWERTY or Dvorak anyway.

Dvorak keyboards have the advantage of being more comfortable than
QWERTY while at the same time being usable by others, though I guess
you could just have an an additional keyboard attached to your
computer.

Dvorak also works on laptops though.

Stig

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk