[Gllug] RE: Gllug Digest, Vol 19, Issue 75

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 22:22:20 UTC 2005

On Mon 31 Jan, Martin A. Brooks wrote:

> David Abbishaw wrote:
>
> >I have been bouncing it back as unknown,
> >

> Bouncing spam is pretty silly given that the email address it's coming
> from is, most likely, either a) fake or b) not the person who sent you
> the mail.
>
> Rejecting is fine, but bouncing is pointless and just wastes your bandwidth.

   Demon always verify the sender's IP address, so any junk that arrives
here is not bounced back to the sender but returned to their ISP. I also CC
to the original poster's ISP if I am fairly convinced that it is a bounce of
a message with forged sender details or has arrived via an open relay.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk