[Gllug] growisofs with -use-the-force-luke option

Harry Mantheakis harry at mantheakis.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jan 25 12:37:59 UTC 2005

As is documented, growisofs won't run (with the -Z option specified) when
called by cron if the CD/DVD media has already got stuff on it.

Googling about I found someone suggesting the "-use-the-force-luke" option.

    growisofs -use-the-force-luke -Z ...

Will this work? And if so, is there any reason not to use it?

My (backup) script executes (without the count-down warning) but I could not
figure out how to 'emulate' (so to speak) a cron task in order test it.

As a separate question, how does one go about executing a shell script
non-interactively?

TIA

Harry Mantheakis

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk