[Gllug] Re: Bulletin board/Forums software

Richard Ibbotson richard at sheflug.co.uk
Tue Jan 18 18:05:17 UTC 2005

Hi

"Martin A. Brooks" <martin at hinterlands.org>

Doug Winter <doug at pigeonhold.com>
>I'd not let it anywhere near one of my servers.  It's a brilliant
>example of why php should never be used for anything :)

I really couldn't care less either way :)  Someone asked about Forum
software and Debians apt-cache showed this.  No mention of
security....

http://www.php.net/

"A Note on Security in PHP
[31-Dec-2004] The PHP Development Team has issued an important
statement that deals with the security of PHP, and of PHP-based
applications. The trigger for releasing this statement was the
growing misconception in the PHP community regarding recent security
problems, which exploited bugs in PHP applications, rather than bugs
in PHP itself. It's a recommended read for anybody using PHP. "

I suppose that they know what they are doing :)  I don't use it.

--
Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk