[Gllug] Samsung ML 2250 Printer on FC3 and CUPS

Andrew Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Fri Jan 28 10:52:30 UTC 2005

John Hearns wrote:

>On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 10:25 +0000, Harry Mantheakis wrote:
>

>>Can anyone tell me how I might go about enabling CUPS to recognise a Samsung
>>ML 2250 laser printer (monochrome) which does not appear in its default list
>>of printers? (It's a new model I believe.)
>>

>Talking about Samsun printers, does anyone have a ML 1750 model?
>Currently bine sold by Morgans.
>Is the print quality any good?

John,
  I bought one of the ML 1750 printers and am very happy with it
(Caveat... only used under winders)  It has good print quality (600dpi)
and a toner saver mode that tends to grey things a bit but for quick
prints just for simple reference it is nice to be able to not just throw
toner away.

Andrew Farnsworth
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk