[Gllug] include lines in dhcpd.conf

Jan Kokoska kokoskaj at seznam.cz
Fri Jan 21 15:31:40 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 14:58 +0000, John Hearns wrote:
> > Has anyone ever used include lines in a dhcpd.conf file?
> >

> > dhcpd2 on SuSE 9.0
>
> Do I have to use dhcp3 to get the 'include' feature?

I would try, anyway (dhcp3 is what I am using after figuring out it is
the latest version).

I just wanted to recommend the obvious RTFS or, more verbosely:

"apt-get source dhcp" (on a more fortunate box than one running suse)
and "grep -rin include . | less", but turns out that the file which is
probably supposed to parse the config options (./server/confpars.c)
doesn't contain the string in a reasonable context in either dhcpd
version.

This is the point where I leave you in the cold again, relieved I don't
have to include any dhcp configuration files myself (not that you were
there in the first place with an army of Opterons behind your back).

Jan

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk