[Gllug] Name server software?

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Thu Jan 6 09:55:39 UTC 2005

This one time, at band camp, Nix wrote:

> Yep, that's DJB all right. He's notable for an attitude of `{tiny part
> of X} is not ideal, hence we have to reinvent {X} and {rewrite the
> world}'. It makes more sense in pure mathematics than down here at the
> computing coalface, I think.

Or his rants about other software not sticking to standards.  Right
before he goes ahead and ignores a piece of standard because he thinks
it's stupid.

Standards aren't supposed to be the best way of doing things, just a way
that everyone has agreed to.

See "RFC Violations":
http://www-dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de/~ma/qmail-bugs.html

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

The Tourist Engineer
Because nerds travel too.
http://engineer.openguides.org/

If the designers of X-windows built cars, there would
be no fewer than five steering wheels hidden about the
cockpit, none of which followed the same prinicples --
but you'd be able to shift gears with your car stereo.
Useful feature, that.

-- From the programming notebooks of a heretic, 1990.