[Gllug] loadavg

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon Jan 24 18:10:56 UTC 2005

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Tethys moaned:
> Apparently so, as a quick grep of the kernel source shows. I'm sure
> traditional Unix didn't include running tasks in the load average.
> Can anyone confirm/deny this?

All the Unixes I have easy access to here (Solaris 2.6, Solaris 2.8,
HP-UX 10.20, and OSF/1 4.0d from DEC, as was) include running tasks.

That's some BSD, some SysV, and some, er, weird (HP-UX). I can test
AIX as well if you want an even weirder one. :)

--
`Blish is clearly in love with language. Unfortunately,
 language dislikes him intensely.' --- Russ Allbery
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk