[Gllug] Random freezes

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Jan 28 00:53:35 UTC 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Ian Northeast suggested tentatively:
> I'm not sure about the others, but the Classic is definitely sun4m. I
> thought they were all the same. It will run Solaris 9 (but not 10, no
> 32 bit SPARCs will run 10) if you so care, although Debian is likely
> to appeal more to folks round here.

You'd better run a 2.2 kernel then; 2.4+ don't work well on non-Ultra
SPARCs. (Or at all? Does anyone know? None of the SPARC/Linux
maintainers have non-Ultras anymore, you see...)

--
`Blish is clearly in love with language. Unfortunately,
 language dislikes him intensely.' --- Russ Allbery
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk