[Gllug] Getting exim to recognise domains in /etc/aliases

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Wed Jan 5 17:49:37 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 04:35:25PM +0000, Richard wrote:
> I actually _downgraded_ from Exim 4, after being completely puzzled by
> the Debian configuration directory structure.  Adding a simple
> directive was very confusing.

Don't use those.  Even the Debian maintainer doesn't advise their use;
they are there for people who want an mta but don't want to configure it
themselves.

Just choose "manual configuration" and then use the nice script provided
to convert your Exim3 config into an Exim4 config.  Then you have
somewhere useful to start from.

--
Bruce

Remember you're a Womble.