[Gllug] Name server software?

neil c neil at cozyspace.net
Wed Jan 5 14:48:05 UTC 2005

Mike Brodbelt wrote:

>>> I suspect that to be a sign of your lack of understanding of how to
>>> configure sendmail :-)
>>
>> Unlike the 99% of the population who also fail to understand something
>> even more evil-looking than perl?
>>
>> (Yes, I know it uses an M4 wrapper now or some such)
>
> 99% of the population will only ever need to touch the M4 file, which
> is
> quite readable, and makes configuration relatively straightforward.
> Many
> people who moan about sendmail have never actually run it.

s'funny - I sat a well known Linux Certification and had to get a mail
server up and running  (ssl, aliases, etc.) quick smart. When  it came
to the crunch all I could think about was Sendmail. Maybe the M4 Macro
File is coded in some discrete synapse aware syntax ;-) Or maybe
Postfix appeared too easy and therefore a cunning trap :-)

neil

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk