[Gllug] loadavg

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Jan 25 07:55:08 UTC 2005

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Ian Northeast stated:
> I also have an even weirder one, a thing called UTS, an early UNIX for
> the IBM mainframe originally produced by Amdahl. However:

Oh wow. I didn't think there were any of those left :)

> POCLUTS1: *ROOT* >uptime
> uptime: not found
> POCLUTS1: *ROOT* >vmstat 2
> vmstat: not found
>
>:)

Looks like UTS should join early HP-UX releases (6.0+, after they
decided to turn it into Unix) as a `Unix for the hallucinogenically
deprived'.

> However, this thing really should have been retired about 10 years ago
> but the people who have been handed the responsibility for babysitting
> legacy apps don't have the resources to port them to something sane.

And it Just Keeps Running...

--
`Blish is clearly in love with language. Unfortunately,
 language dislikes him intensely.' --- Russ Allbery
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk