[Gllug] OT: Dedicated Server Supplier

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Thu Jan 13 15:31:21 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 01:19:30PM +0000, Doug Winter wrote:
> I'm looking for a company to supply a dedicated server for a client of
> mine.  The machine needs to be of reasonable spec, which seems unusual
> for most dedicated server suppliers: dual CPU, 4GB RAM, RAID, 2 x discs.
>
> Anyone got a company they can recommend who'll do a machine like this?

Not clear to me if you just want the machine, or require a machine +
hosting.  Anyhow, we've been using Bytemark for about a year and a
half for VM (User-mode Linux) hosting, and relatively recently they
started doing dedicated servers.  If their servers are anything like
their VMs, then I would recommend them.  They certainly seem to know
what they're doing on the technical front.

Rich.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk