[Gllug] New UK push for EU data retention regulations

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Mon Jul 11 08:13:58 UTC 2005

On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 10:32:03PM +0100, Richard Jones wrote:
> I also learned today that the feature where senior police officers can
> "turn off" the mobile phone network at will, ACCOLC [1], is easy to
> bypass - it's just a matter of reprogramming the SIM card and
> instructions can be found for some phones on the Internet.  It's just
> security-through-obscurity!  You could have the situation where these
> pathological murderers have fixed their phones so they continue to
> work, but members of the public can't call each other ...

Hmmm, but after you have let off your bomb you will want to melt away into
the crowds, you have done your work and have no interest further activity
for a few days. You have no interest in calling anyone - you are hardly
likely to call ''hey mum, switch on the telly, look what I did''.

--
Alain Williams
Parliament Hill Computers Ltd.

#include <std_disclaimer.h>