[Gllug] Police want new powers

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jul 23 02:38:28 UTC 2005

On Friday 22 Jul 2005 14:29, Alain Williams wrote:

> These powers won't do diddly squat to help combat this sort of thing,
> the terrorists just go back to using pen, paper & 1st class stamps - any
> ''interesting'' stuff will just get lost in the huge volumes of ordinary
> post.

Correct.   Much the same as "interesting" e-mails will almost invariably be
missed.

> In all of the hue & cry about wanting to stop the terrorists I have heard
> nothing about the real reasons *why* they are doing it -- it is deeper
> than us joining the illegal war in Iraq. Can anyone enlighten me as to
> what al-quaida & friends are really all about ?

Not really - except that they believe they have a divine right to run the
world as they see fit.   We westerners have little or no respect for their
beliefs, which makes all targets in their "holy war".  According to them, the
world has to be purged of infidels.

> I suspect that if the 'west' acted a little more fairly on the world
> stage then we wouldn't have 1/2 the problems that we do have.
> [[ think: world trade, ...]]

It wouldn't make the slightest difference.   Western meddling and "charity" in
the third world has just made the whole thing much worse - the best we can do
is cut off ALL "foreign aid" (it would be better spent here) and ban all
charities from interfering.   (Oxfam are one of the biggest causes of
starvation in Africa - their raison d'etre is fundamentally wrong).

Chris
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk